best tomato soup recipe with fresh tomatoes is very easy to make and tastes really wonderful. Tomatoes have been a rich source of comfort for centuries and generations of people all over the world. You could make it with the canned tomatoes, but the fresh tomatoes would give that added extra touch to the flavor of this delicious soup. The fresh tomatoes have a natural sweetness and delicate flavor that the canned ones just don’t have. Fresh tomatoes may be used here, too, just to make sure that this pot of soup has all the good and nutritious qualities one can get out of a tomato fruit. In the next part, pay attention. You’ll learn how to make tomato soup using fresh tomatoes. Also, some handy tips to make the perfect soup. So, prepare yourself. You’re about to discover how to make the tastiest, most bursting-with-flavor tomato soup ever!
Classic Tomato Soup Recipe
One of them is a classic tomato soup and it can be eaten any amount across the year and it tastes great. Basic ingredients that can be found at your grocery store make it easy for you to prepare some classic tomato soup at home. Here’s what you need.
Ingredients: Classic Tomato Soup Recipe
You’ll need the following:
- 2 tablespoons of good old olive oil
- 1 onion, get it chopped up
- Garlic time! 2 cloves, minced it up
- Double demand! 2 cans of diced tomatoes
- Get some broth, 2 cups of the veggie kind
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup of optional heavy cream
Classic Tomato Soup Preparation: a step-by-step guideline
1. Start by pouring the olive oil into a big pot. Heat it on medium to high.
2. Next, mix in the diced onion and crushed garlic. Cook until they’re tender and smell good.
3. Thirdly, mix canned chopped tomatoes, vegetable stock, and sugar. Make the mixture boil. Once boiled, turn down the heat and let it stew for about 15 to 20 minutes.
4. Finally, use a hand blender for the soup to make it creamy. If you don’t have one, a normal blender will work. But, let the soup cool first, to prevent mishaps.
5. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
6. Optional: Stir in heavy cream to the pot if you like creamy tomato soup and heat just until hot.
Serve with classic tomato soup beside a side dish of crusty bread or grilled cheese sandwich for that feel-good food straight from the heart.
Roasted tomato soup with fresh tomatoes
Tomato soup is an all-time favorite comfort food and this roasted tomato soup recipe is just extra with the garlic and herbs.
You will need the following for this soup:
- 2 pounds’ tomatoes (roma or vine-ripened)
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Soup preparation: a step-by-step guideline
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425°F. Halve tomatoes and place on a baking sheet with cut sides up. Cut top off head of garlic and wrap in foil. Drizzle some olive oil over tomatoes and garlic, then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Roast in the oven for 30-40 minutes, or until the tomatoes are soft and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, chop the onion and fry it in a large pot with olive oil until translucent. Add the thyme and basil for a minute to release their aromas.
- When tomatoes and garlic are ready, cool them down for few minutes then peel out the garlic of its skin, bring to boil with the roasted tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring to boil again, then reduce the heat and simmer for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Take an immersion blender or move the soup into a blender. Puree it until it’s smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with your favorite bread or croutons hot. The result will be an exquisite roasted tomato soup, ideal to enjoy it very hot and sure to please all members of the family!
Tomato and basil soup recipe
Tomato soup is a classic comfort food that’s good any time of year. This recipe happened to be made with fresh tomatoes and basil for a little bit of an extra bang. Oh, and if in need of a vegan version, just swap the cream for some coconut milk.
- 1kg ripe tomatoes
- 1 sliced onion
- 3 minced garlic cloves
- 1/4 fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Get a 1/2 cup of heavy cream (or use coconut milk if you’re vegan)
Tomato and basil soup recipe: Step by Step Cooking Instruction
1. Get your oven hot – set it to 375°F (190°C).
2. Take your tomatoes, chop them in half, and toss them on a baking sheet. Drizzle a bit of olive oil, some salt, and pepper all over.
3. Slide your baking sheet into the oven that you’ve preheated. Let your tomatoes roast. This takes about 30-40 minutes. You want them to be soft and caramelized.
4. Grab a medium pot. In it, sauté your onion and garlic with some olive oil. Do this until your onions turn translucent.
5. Add to the pot the roasted tomatoes with the basil leaves.
6. Let it simmer for 15-20 minutes to let the flavors meld.
7. Puree everything or use a blender or an immersion blender and puree the soup smooth.
8. Return the soup to the pot and add the cream (or coconut milk) and stir until they incorporate with each other.
9. Warm the soup up over low flame for another 5-10 minutes.
10. Serve hot and garnished with a few fresh basil leaves on top. Enjoy!
Tomato and Lentil Soup Recipe
Tomato and Lentil Soup warms you up on frosty winter days. This soup gift you an extra dose of protein, thanks to lentils. Lentils, rich in protein, fiber, and iron, are a welcome companion to any soup.
So you will need the following:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion – chopped
- 2 cloves garlic – minced
- 1 tablespoon of tomato paste
- 1 can of diced tomatoes
- 1 cup of dried lentils – washed and rinsed
- 4 cups of vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tomato and Lentil Soup Recipe: Step-by-Step Cooking Instruction
1. Start with warming olive oil in a big pot on medium heat. Throw in chopped onion and garlic to fry until the onion turns clear – this takes about 5 minutes. Stir in the tomato paste.
2. Toss in diced tomatoes, lentil beans, and vegetable broth in the pot. Crank the heat until it boils, then lower to a simmer for 30-40 minutes. This is done when the lentils soften up.
3. Let the soup cook until the beans and carrots are super soft. Now’s the time to blend the soup until creamy with an immersion blender, or cool it and blend in parts in your home blender. Then heat it up again after blending.
4. Taste and salt-and-pepper the soup, three to four pinches of it, then serve hot with some crusty bread or brown rice at the side. Tomato and Lentil Soup is indeed one meal that would prove its worth by giving warmth in every bowl during cold weather.
Tomatoes vegetable soup
Tomato and Vegetable Soup bring a great way to fill your tummy with day lied veggies. This soup is of very hearty texture and surely will leave you not hungry at all.
These are the ingredients for making this soup:
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa (optional)
Tomatoes vegetable soup: Step-by-Step Cooking Instruction
1. First, put olive oil in a large pot and over medium heat bring to temperature. Add onion, carrot, and celery and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 10 minutes. Add minced garlic, oregano, basil, salt, and black pepper and cook an additional minute.
2. After crushing tomatoes, combine with the vegetable broth and add this mixture to the pot. Now heat the soup to a simmer and not allow it to boil and cook on for 15-20 minutes.
3. Finally, add chopped kale and pre-cooked quinoa (if using). Leave for another 5-10 min until the kale gets softer and quinoa warms up.
4. This Tomato and Vegetable Soup is perfect for a cozy night in or as a healthy lunch option. Enjoy!
Health Benefits – Best Tomato Soup Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes
Unlock the health benefits inside the perfect tomato soup recipe with fresh tomatoes:
Filled with antioxidants: Packed with lycopene, tomatoes fight against cancer and heart wave-offs.
Boosts immunity: The Vitamin C in tomatoes uplifts the immune system.
Low on calories: Perfect for managing your weight due to its low-calorie count.
Helps digestion: The fiber in tomatoes supports a sound digestive system.
Enhances skin health: Vitamin C and lycopene defend against environmental harm.
FAQs – Best Tomato Soup Recipe with Fresh Tomatoes
Do I need to peel tomatoes for soup?
In most of the tomato soup recipes, tomatoes have to be peeled before cooking here. Tomatoes can also be directly chopped and used without peeling but in such a case their skin should be really thin as they turn out super fresh and very ripe, sufficient enough to break while frying them. If your tomatoes aren’t fresh, their peel might be very tough and won’t even soften up so you get soft little bits in your soup. If you prefer a smoother texture rather than having small bits of tomato throughout the soup, then you should remove the tomato peel if it is not very fresh. Boil water in a pot and when boiling, put tomatoes for about half a minute. Remove tomatoes from the water and place them in an ice basin.
How do you make tomato soup taste better?
Tomato soup is such a classic and adored by many, yet sometimes it tastes pretty bland. Good news is that there are actually various ways to make tomato soup taste better. First, to improve the taste of this rather plain soup, you could put in some herbs, such as basil or oregano or thyme. You might also want to put in some garlic or onion for flavoring. To further jazz up the soup, a dollop of cream or milk could be added for richer and creamy taste. Alternatively, some pieces of croutons could also be sprinkled for texture. With these tips, you can elevate your tomato soup to the next level and enjoy a delicious and satisfying meal.
Is it OK to not peel tomatoes?
Yeah, it absolutely is okay not to peel tomatoes. In fact, the skin can actually add some benefits from the fact that it comes with the extra nutrients and fiber. However, there are those who opt to peel them out for texture or whenever they feel like adding a sleek appearance to their dish. If you are leaving the skin on then properly wash it off before using the tomatoes for any of your dish. Else if you want to peel them off, the skin comes off very swiftly with the help of boiling water. Ultimately, it’s up to personal preference and the recipe you’re following.
Can you use milk instead of water in tomato soup?
Yes, you could make your tomato soup with milk instead of water if you like it super rich and yummy. But then forewarned the texture is going to change and so will the taste. Using milk would provide a slight sweetness to the soup, so you may need to adjust the spice. If desired, the tomato soup can be made vegan or lactose-free with any other type of vegetable milk – for example, soy or almond – instead of milk. Ultimately, it all boils down to personal preference, so feel free to experiment and see what works best for you!
Is homemade tomato basil soup good for you?
In fact, besides being rich in vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, the basil used in tomato farming is also anti-inflammatory. Therefore, among the replacements for a filling and healthy supper replace, it’s homemade tomato basil soup. Moreover, the low amount of salt and additives makes it easier to have better control over other additives present in the soup since soups bought from the store are high in salt. On the other hand, using these other recipes and elements used in a soup, there may be variations in the nutritional composition of the final product. Thus, it is advisable to consult an expert dietitian or any other healthcare provider in respect of the nutritive requirement and best available options.
Final Words on best tomato soup recipe with fresh tomatoes
Hot tomato soup is a great dish that can play the role of a versatile dinner main course aside from serving as soup. Locally grown tomatoes are rich in flavor have bright colors and add a little more taste with the fresh garden tomatoes but make sure they are always fresh. Homemade fresh tomato soup is far superior to canned tomato soup in terms of flavor and nutritional value.
In order to make a sumptuous tomato soup, the choice as well as how they’re prepared certainly counts. Do get a type that is both aromatic and ripe since small-sized but heavy ones will be juicy. Cut them into small pieces after removing the stem and the core.
A simple fresh tomato soup may contain a few chopped tomatoes, chicken or vegetable stocks in meager quantities, and previously cooked onions with garlic that have been sautéed in olive oil. Soften the tomatoes for about 20-30 minutes before blending both scents. Blend till smooth, then taste and adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
Home-made tomato soup is not only tasteful but of high advantage to health. Tomatoes have lycopene one of the naturally occurring antioxidants that has a variety of influences on health including lowering chances for cancer and heart diseases. Cooking tomato soup by yourself will save a lot of money and allow you to receive health benefits from this tasty dish. Do not forget that it should be prepared only from fresh local ingredients.
You may like to read this recipe: Vegan tomato soup recipe with coconut milk